Kevin and Thom look five years into the future to project what good church leaders will look like then. They provide insights about some steps you can take now to be that great church leader. In part three, they remind church leaders that evangelism has waned in most churches, and it must return.
- Let the church know you personally prioritize evangelism.
- Don’t let six months pass without an emphasis on evangelism.
- Inviting people to church serves as indirect evangelism.
- Evangelize your new members’ class.
- Understand the inverse relationship between age and receptivity to the gospel.
- I Am a Christian: Discovering What It Means to Follow Jesus Together with Fellow Believers – by Thom S. Rainer
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.