What will happen with pastoral compensation in the future? Josh and Sam prognosticate about the next few years.
- Most pastors are currently underpaid.
- More bivocational positions will open.
- Pay will increase for lead pastors due to the lack of younger pastors available to take the place of retiring pastors.
- Certain ministry positions will be in high demand, especially in the area of children’s ministry and students.
- Churches will benefit from offering more creative pay packages.
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary builds strong theological foundations for men and women to fulfill God’s calling. They have trained and commissioned more than 46,000 graduates to serve in local churches and global mission fields. Southwestern combines the highest standards of research and scholarship with vigorous training for real-world ministry — missions, evangelism, discipleship, preaching, and worship.