A listener asks, “Is it okay for me to want more money and things?” On this episode, Art and Taylor dive into this question. Plus, Art and Taylor discuss some of their favorite More Than Money episodes.
Build your contentment. Start writing down five things for which you are thankful. Try to do this for the next thirty days. Stay focused on what God has entrusted you with.
- Is it okay for me to want more money and things?
- What types of investments should I consider?
- God owns everything.
- We don’t deserve anything.
- Anything we have has been given to us by God.
- To some God gives much. To others he gives little. To all he requires stewardship.
- Contentment with possessions reflects a heart that’s content with God. Discontentment suggests a heart is searching for contentment outside of God.
- Limitations are often acts of God’s grace.
- Possessions are not bad, but a heart that puts its hope in possessions is in trouble.
- Pray for contentment.
- For the next month, daily identify 5 things for which you are grateful.
- Stop looking up.
- Stay away from social media accounts that unsettle your heart.
MTM Episode 21: Redeeming Money with Paul David Tripp
Most churches struggle to get people to give. SecureGive, has created a system that helps churches increase giving so their ministry is funded to reach their community. SecureGive helps churches increase giving in 3 ways: software that makes giving easy, a custom growth strategy, and ongoing stewardship resources. They stand out by offering a real ministry partnership, the most cost-effective solution with the lowest processing rates, and the most comprehensive giving platform available.