Podcast Episode #090
We welcome Brad Lomenick to the podcast. In this episode, we cover a recent blog post Brad wrote, 10 Key Leadership Lessons I’ve Learned over the Last Year in Handing off Catalyst.
Brad Lomenick is an Oklahoma native and the former director of Catalyst, a movement of young leaders focused on equipping, inspiring, and releasing the next generation of young Christian leaders through events, resources, consulting, content and connecting a community of like-minded Catalysts all over the world. He is also the author of The Catalyst Leader released in April 2013, and will be releasing a follow up book in September of 2015 entitled H3 Leadership.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Type-A leaders often lose themselves in pursuit of purpose and the passion fades.
- It’s easy for leaders to wrongly place their identity in what they do instead of who they are.
- Your job is not your calling. Your calling is a purpose. Your job is an assignment.
- Our work rhythms need to include rest as well.
- A sign of a good leader is that those around you flourish as well.
- A sigh of great leadership is that your fruit will grow on other people’s trees.
The 10 key leadership lessons we cover are:
- I got my smile back.
- What I do is not who I am.
- Getting out of the way is part of my responsibility as a leader.
- Calling is demonstrated and reflected by seasons, and specific assignments within that season.
- Margin matters.
- I’m not winning if the people closest to me and working with me and for me are not fully flourishing.
- Pruning is not fun, but is required if you want to lead.
- My leadership was stale.
- Good fruit is required.
- Faithfulness and stewardship is the measure of ultimate success.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Pastors Today. This weekly newsletter provides pastors with resources and information from around the web written specifically for pastors. For more information and to subscribe, visit lifeway.com/pastorstoday.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.