Podcast Episode #024
Jonathan and I discuss my findings from a pair of recent Twitter polls I conducted. While not scientific, these anecdotal results describe the areas pastors love about pastoring—and the areas they do not.
10 Things Pastors Like Most
- Seeing lives transformed.
- Personal evangelism.
- The people/members.
- Developing new relationships.
- Ministering in the community.
- Ministering to members.
- Casting a vision.
- Staff relationships.
- Mentoring or discipling one-on-one.
- Conflict and complaining church members.
- Family challenges.
- Busy work.
- Members whose priorities are their own comfort and preferences.
- Expectations to be present at all church functions and many social functions.
- Non-productive meetings.
- Expectation to be on call 24/7.
- Confronting people who are sinning.
- Problems with staff members.
- Members who aren’t passionate about evangelism/reaching the community.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by the HCSB Bible. Taking into account the significant advancements in scholarship, translation theory, and contemporary English usage, the HCSB will satisfy both those new to the faith and seasoned scholars. Visit HCSB.org for more information.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.