Podcast Episode #394
A lot has changed in our world over the past 10 years. Today, we highlight some major shifts in the church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- I think in ten years, we will see more co-vocational church staff.
- The decline of “Cultural Christianity” is not a bad thing.
- The church leader of the future has to be a learner.
- The problem with information is not the lack of it, it’s curating it to find what you actually need to know.
- The program-driven church model is a dead model today.
- Time is the most precious resource your church members have.
The seven reasons we cover are:
- Post-recession mentality hit churches hard
- Technology change is exponential
- Increase of the “nones”
- The demand for a different kind of church leader
- The imperative of the learning leader has increased
- Old methodologies are not working
- The struggle with time and commitment
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.