Podcast Episode #191
We cover seven points regarding prayer in the local church including how best to incorporate prayer into worship services, how to pray, and the use of catalytic prayer events.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Somewhere in the midst of all of the activities of the Western Church, we have lost sight of prayer and its place in the church.
- Simply put, the state of prayer in the local church is not good.
- Prayer has to be modeled by leadership. If the leadership doesn’t emphasize prayer, the church will not be a praying church.
- A theology of prayer that becomes a “here are my needs” checklist leads to a weak prayer life.
- Special prayer services can sometimes scare off introverts.
The seven points we consider regarding prayer are:
The state of prayer in local congregations.
The “why” of weak praying churches
The wrong assumption about having large crowds to pray
Integrating prayer effectively in worship services
- Consider a catalytic prayer event
Evangelistic churches are praying churches
Try the “PIPPs”
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.