Podcast Episode #492
Inward focus is natural for churches. It takes intentional effort and supernatural power to overcome this inward focus. Today, we discuss six reasons why it is so difficult to overcome.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- There are times in every leader’s life when they get comfortable and don’t move forward. It happens, but you must keep pushing.
- Churches have to be outwardly focused or their kingdom impact will be minimal.
- For churches, inward focus is natural. Outward focus requires supernatural power.
- The tyranny of the urgent often keeps us from fulfilling the Great Commission.
The six reasons we discuss are:
- The shift is gradual
- Tyranny of the urgent
- Demands of church members
- Settling into a comfort zone
- Lack of guidance or resources
- Lack of affirmation
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.