Podcast Episode #448
A recent study by LifeWay Research showed that 15% of church members have considered leaving their church in the past six months. Today, we discuss why.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- About 1 in 7 church members have considered leaving their church in the past six months.
- In the future, people will not be driving as far as they do today to attend church. They will want to live and worship in the same neighborhood.
- In effective evangelistic churches, you’re most likely to find expository preaching.
- Most of the time when a pastor leaves a church, the church culture changes.
- Parents today are more likely than in the past to change churches to benefit their kids.
The research we cover today comes from LifeWay Research. Here are a pair of summary graphics:
Applications are now open for Vanderbloemen’s fall pastor coaching network at their Houston headquarters in September and November. There are two networks – one for Lead Pastors and one for Executive Pastors. Each group is limited to 16 people. It’s a roundtable, close-knit network where you will grow as a leader so that you can grow your team and ultimately grow your church.
If you’re interested in joining, visit vanderbloemen.com/coaching for more information.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.