Podcast Episode #136
Jackie Bledsoe joins us this week on the podcast to discuss ministry and family balance, technology, and his upcoming book, The Seven Rings of Marriage.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- There are so many benefits to technology but we have to watch our use of it and eliminate distractions to our family.
- Pastors basically have two families, and there is a natural tension between the two.
- Our ministry at home is training ground for our ministry in the church.
- Involve your family in ministry and use that time to serve and spend time together.
- Looking for ideas for a date night with your spouse? Check out Jackie Bledsoe’s Date Night in a Box:
- Churches often focus on men’s and women’s ministry while marriage ministry is relegated to just an annual retreat.
About Jackie Bledsoe:
Jackie Bledsoe is an Christian author and blogger based in Indianapolis, Indiana. He and his wife, Stephana, have one daughter, Jaicey, and two sons, Jackson and Joshua. Find out more about Jackie at his website JackieBledsoe.com.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.