Podcast Episode #160
Brad Lomenick joins us to discuss his new book, H3 Leadership, and one of the most popular features on his blog—the young influencers list.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The “what’s next?” for us is often the “what’s now?”
- If you don’t understand your true identity in Christ as a leader, you’re never going to be effective and have impact.
- Don’t let what you do define who you are.
- The habit of execution is perhaps the most important quality of leaders today.
- Leaders today have to be able to get it done.
- You can be a great idea person, but if you can’t get it done, the ideas don’t matter.
- If there is one major area where execution is lacking in the church, it’s with outward focus.
- Your legacy as a leader will be as much defined by the way you hand something off as by the way you build it.
The three points from H3 Leadership which we discuss are:
Humble (Who am I?)
Hungry (Where do I want to go?)
Hustle (How will I get there?
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School is a dynamic community of learners who are serious about ministry preparation biblical studies theological reflection and cultural engagement. Their faculty are gifted men and women who minister as much through research and writing as through local church involvement but their primary ministry is teaching and caring for students. Find out more about TEDS at Divinity.TIU.edu.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.