Podcast Episode #056
When it comes to how pastors are hired in churches, things have changed dramatically in the past few decades. These changes have established a new dynamic in what churches are looking for and how they are finding pastors. This week on the podcast, Jonathan and I discuss these changes and how pastors or those seeking to become pastors should adapt to these trends.
- Church consolidations mean more pastors will report directly to another pastor.
- Multisite and multi-venue churches will increasingly hire more pastors.
- Established churches will have greater difficulty finding pastors that meet their criteria.
- There will be an increased demand for bivocational pastors.
- More churches will partner with seminaries to “raise their own” pastors.
- More pastors will be gauged by their social media involvement in the pastor selection process.
- There will continue to be growth in the number of megachurch pastor position openings.
- Pastoral tenure will move in two different directions.
- Pastoral mentoring will grow.
- Denominational influence on pastor placement will continue to wane.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Autopsy of a Deceased Church. Whether your church is vibrant or dying, whether you are a pastor or a church member, Autopsy of a Deceased Church will walk you through the radical paths necessary to keep your church alive to the glory of God and advancement of Christ’s Kingdom!
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.