Podcast Episode #342
Regular church attendance has waned in recent years as the commitment level from members has dropped. Today, we address five major reasons for this drop in attendance.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Is the church so important that you need to gather with other believers on a regular basis? Yes.
- It is extremely difficult to make disciples of church members if you don’t know where they are.
- Culture is not causing churches to compromise. Churches are compromising and culture is saying it’s okay.
- The way you bring people into a church will show them the expected commitment level for the future.
- Those who are leaders in the church set the example of commitment for the rest of the church.
- If leaders in your church sporadically show up, the rest of the members will see that and follow suit.
- Unfortunately, there are a significant number of Christians who don’t see church attendance as important.
The five reasons we discuss are:
- We are minimizing the importance of the local church.
- We worship the idols of activities.
- We take a lot of vacations from church.
- We do not have high expectations of our members.
- We make infrequent attendees leaders in our churches.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary, one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America, exists to train leaders For The Church. The local church is God’s “Plan A” for the proclamation of the gospel, and there is no Plan B. And this is Midwestern’s vision and heartbeat—equipping pastors and other ministry leaders who are called to expand God’s mission in the world through the local church. At Midwestern Seminary: they train leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.