Podcast Episode #046
I had the pleasure of having my middle son, Art Rainer, join us to discuss how to communicate big change to an organization or church. Art serves as Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Whose responsibility is it to communicate big ideas,
- What to do if the big idea fails,
- How you can ensure everyone is on the same page—especially if the organization is a large one,
- How to handle critics or detractors within the organization, and
- Who some of the effective leaders are that Art has worked with.
One leader Art mentioned is the pastor he worked for while on staff at First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach, FL (now Family Church)—Jimmy Scroggins. And since Art brought up Jimmy, we couldn’t let the opportunity pass to get the story behind one of the greatest YouTube clips of all time:
This podcast was brought to you by Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary’s Doctor of Ministry program. If you want more out of your ministry, want to study with a world-class faculty and need to stay where you currently serve, the DMin at Southeastern is the answer for you. Visit SEBTS.EDU/DMIN for more information.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.