Podcast Episode #463
Many churches aspire to excellence, but unfortunately many of them miss the mark. Today we discuss how to excel in your church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Most frustrations for pastors and church staff are the result of minor issues.
- Know your own personality and what might trigger your frustration.
- The most expensive hire you will ever make is hiring the wrong person.
- Fruitful ministry often doesn’t take place until year five for a pastor.
The eight keys to excellence that we discuss today are:
- Keep the bar high
- Keep the frustration low
- Understand your own personality
- Outsource some areas (example: worship announcements)
- Have tactical patience (eat an elephant)
- Pray for excellence
- Pray for patience
- Show examples in other churches
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.