Podcast Episode #402
We turn our attention to denominations today and examine eight reasons many of them are struggling.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Getting angry about your circumstances never accomplishes anything.
- One major reason denominations boomed in the late 20th century was because they were reaching cultural Christians.
- Infighting often causes denominations to make up a fight just to make sure there’s a fight going on.
- Denominational infighting keeps the denomination from focusing on the Great Commission.
- Statistics and numbers are a reflection of denominational reality.
The eight reasons for denominational struggle that we cover are:
- The common factor used to be theology
- Anger at change
- Holding on to the methods of the past
- Deflected blame
- Refusal to see reality
- Attempts to change with old wineskins
- Failure to see their clear purpose
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.