Podcast Episode #454
Is your church aligned with God’s intended mission for her? A post by Sam Rainer serves as the basis of today’s discussion on warning signs that you might be drifting from God’s mission.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- You may recognize some of these warning signs in your church.
- Do people in your church talk about what they are doing or what God is doing through them?
- Too many of our churches are not in a celebratory state.
- It’s taking more people to reach fewer people evangelistically.
The eight warning signs we discuss are:
- The chatter is all about people and not Jesus.
- You no longer celebrate God’s mission in a worship service.
- The percentage given to missions out of the budget is shrinking.
- Church leaders do not speak about the lostness of the nations.
- New believers are perceived as disturbing the peace of the body.
- There is more of a focus on the older generation than the younger generation.
- Few care about the persecuted church.
- It takes more to win less.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.