Podcast Episode #358
How much growth in growing churches is due to evangelism? Not as much as you would hope. We discuss effective evangelistic churches and more on this week’s episode.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Most growth in churches is from transfers, not conversions.
- 93-94% of churches are not effectively evangelistic.
- Churches have lost their intentionality in evangelism.
- Evangelism is falling off the radar for many churches.
- A growing church is not necessarily an evangelistic church.
- Churches that are intentional about evangelism are evangelistic churches.
The five evangelism realities we discuss are:
- Growing churches are growing largely by transfer growth.
- The number of effective evangelistic churches (EEC) is surprisingly stable.
- Churches that are not in the EEC category are doing much worse evangelistically than in previous years.
- Evangelism in the EEC churches is a clear priority.
- There are clear and discernible patterns of action in EEC churches.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary, one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America, exists to train leaders For The Church. The local church is God’s “Plan A” for the proclamation of the gospel, and there is no Plan B. And this is Midwestern’s vision and heartbeat—equipping pastors and other ministry leaders who are called to expand God’s mission in the world through the local church. At Midwestern Seminary: they train leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.