Podcast Episode #479
Regret often comes when it’s too late to change things in a church. Today, we discuss five of the most common regrets we hear from churches.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Sometimes, churches need to relocate for good reasons but wait too long to do so and miss the opportunity.
- Too often, churches ask meaningful questions about their health when it’s too late.
- The right time for a church to be acquired by another usually comes before the dying church is willing to be acquired.
The five regrets we are hearing are:
- What if we had relocated?
- What if we had changed our name?
- What if we had gotten outside help?
- What if we have been acquired?
- What if we had not run off the pastor?
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- No Silver Bullets
- Five Small Shifts That That Will Transform Your Ministry
- Church Answers Consulting
- Church Answers
- Revitalize Network
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.