Podcast Episode #418
Even though the economy has rebounded some churches still struggle financially—and some members struggle with giving faithfully. Today we cover the five reasons giving often decreases.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The healthiest church giving generation we know of was the builder generation. They are passing away, and their giving is not being replaced.
- Giving goes down as attendance goes down.
- Millennials give to organizations that are able to convey a distinct purpose and that follow through on that purpose.
- Giving is a spiritual discipline and pastors shouldn’t avoid preaching on it.
- You shouldn’t give on leftovers. You should give on the first fruits.
The five reasons we cover are:
- Lower attendance.
- Generational shifts.
- Giving to purposes rather than organizations.
- Little teaching on giving.
- Not as much discretionary income among churchgoers.
Our friends at Vanderbloemen Search Group help churches and ministries build great teams by finding their key staff, but did you know they have a ton of resources around team building? Their newest addition is The Culture Tool, a free comprehensive staff engagement survey to help you build, run, and keep a great team. It’s brand new and still in beta, so check out TheCultureTool.com to be on the cutting edge of this new tool that will help you improve your church staff culture.
Visit TheCultureTool.com to learn more.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.