Thom and Sam discuss five reasons for the amazing phenomenon of the smaller church becoming the church of choice today. Reason number four may surprise you.
1. The demographic reality: the younger the generation, the more likely they are to prefer smaller gatherings.
2. The COVID reality: people gathering for worship have come to appreciate smaller gatherings more.
3. The facility reality: more church leaders are viewing large worship facilities as wasteful.
4. The neighborhood church reality: this type of congregation is making a big rebound.
5. The Boomer reality: this generation gave us the large church gathering, and they are diminishing in number.
We know that you want to make a difference in the lives of others. That’s why Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. We offer over 50 degrees from the associate to the PhD level. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
If you’re a church, school, nonprofit, values-based business, or family office, Vanderbloemen would be honored to serve you. Their team’s goal is to empower yours by aligning your people solutions for growth: hiring, compensation, succession, and culture. Hire the right people. Pay them well. Plan for the future. Build a culture that lasts. Learn more at Vanderbloemen.com