Pastoral attire seems to be a hot issue in almost every church. Today, we discuss the response to another recent podcast on the subject and provide a few updates.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- There are a plethora of impassioned perspectives and opinions on the subject of pastoral attire.
- Society is trending more casual when it comes to attire, and so are churches.
- Even though more pastors are wearing jeans, many of them are still wearing blazers.
- There is still a disconnect in church members’ expectations of weekday pastoral attire vs. worship service pastoral attire.
The five updates we discuss are:
- It is still trending casual.
- The tie is dying: Only 15% of pastors wear a tie.
- One-third of pastors wear jeans.
- 50% still wear a coat.
- Highly informal (shorts, t-shirts, etc.) is not catching on.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- Church Answers
- Seven Thoughts on Pastoral Attire in Worship Services – Rainer on Leadership #553
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
Vanderbloemen has 12 Vanderbloemen Differences that allow them to serve their clients better than anyone else. One of those is Theology Matters. Vanderbloemen’s staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 250+ collective years of church leadership experience.
To learn more about all 12 of Vanderbloemen’s Differences, visit VanderDifference.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.