History is important. A key part of developing a strong vision for the future is having a good understanding of the past. In today’s episode, Thom and Sam share five ways to honor your church’s past while not losing the future.
- Have a genuine love for the history of your church
- Celebrate the parts of the past that support the vision
- Tell the story of past change efforts with a positive perspective
- Turn the legacy into a guide, not a hurdle
- Ask elderly heroes to publicly give support
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.