Podcast Episode #207
Discussion about the issues surrounding a church feeling too empty or too full and how to combat those issues.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Your church worship facility will feel full to attendees when it’s above 80% capacity.
- From a conceptual point of view, it’s easier to deal with the “too full” problem than the “too empty” problem.
- Churches that are often most effective with reaching new people with the gospel are new churches or new multi-site venues.
- Alleviating a “too full” feeling in a worship service can often result in a “too empty” problem.
- Sometimes pews become a problem when a church service is too empty because they can’t be moved.
- Church mergers are becoming a greater option for churches that are shrinking.
- In a church merger, leadership and DNA needs to come from the healthy church, not the dying one.
The ways we discuss solving the too full and too empty problems are:
- Solving the Too Full Problem
- Plant a new church
- Solving the Too Empty Problem
- Use false walls or portable walls
- Set up fewer seats
- Move to another venue
- Consider a building program
- Possible church mergers
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.