Podcast Episode #400
We celebrate our 400th episode by discussing four keys for how churches can be successful in their ministry this year.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- We have mission drift in many of our churches.
- You cannot make incremental adjustments to become outwardly focused. It must be a major shift.
- If your church is focused on outreach, it will likely have fewer distractions and arguments about inward issues.
- The greatest distraction in churches is often disunity.
- The body of Christ is designed to work together in unity.
The four keys we cover are:
- Increase your efforts to reach your community by fourfold.
- Focused your congregation to pray John 17:20-23 as an ongoing prayer effort.
- Make a concerted effort to abandon the entitlement mentality.
- Pray for hearts that would be willing to accept new paradigms.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.