Imagine a church on life support one year that has moved to thriving within a few years. Though you’ve heard of church turnarounds, you’ve rarely heard a story this dramatic. Sam and Thom interview Jonathan Smith with Texas Baptists to hear about this God-sized story.
- Tell us the background of this church up to the point of its near-death experience.
- How long did it take to get to the point in the title of this podcast?
- What were some of the key factors in the turnaround?
- What were some of the biggest obstacles to the turnaround?
- What are some key transferable principles from this story for other churches?
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
If you’re a church, school, nonprofit, values-based business, or family office, Vanderbloemen would be honored to serve you. Their team’s goal is to empower yours by aligning your people solutions for growth: hiring, compensation, succession, and culture. Hire the right people. Pay them well. Plan for the future. Build a culture that lasts. Learn more at Vanderbloemen.com