Few models exist on how to handle the moral failure of a staff person. Indeed, there is little consensus among pastors about what to do, even with something as explicit as adultery. On this episode, Thom and Sam discuss four key questions to help you determine a path forward with a staff person after a moral failure.
1. What is the degree of offense?
2. Does the staff person deny it or not?
3. What is the level of remorse and repentance?
4. What are the church’s policies and/or covenant?
NLT Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition
- Trusted & Treasured by Millions of Readers over 30 years, the Life Application® Study Bible Is Today’s #1–Selling Study Bible
- Winner of the 2020 Christian Book Award for Bible of the Year!
- Now it has been thoroughly updated and expanded, offering even more relevant insights for understanding and applying God’s Word to everyday life in today’s world.
- Discover How You Can Apply the Bible to Your Life Today
- Link in show notes
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.