Podcast Episode #223
We discuss a recent post on ten statements pastors ofter hear which make them cringe.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- These statements should make you want to pray more for your pastor.
- There is really no reason to keep criticism in anonymity in the church.
- The seven deadly words in a church: “We’ve never done it that way before.”
- Use the history of the church as an example of change in the past to make change in the present for the future.
- Giving “through the church” instead of “to the church” conveys a greater sense of mission for tithes and offerings.
- There is a false assumption in many churches that the pastor or staff do not have a lot of work to do.
The ten cringeworthy statements we discuss are:
- “I love you pastor, but…”
- “Why didn’t you visit her?”
- “Gotta minute?”
- “Have you heard this podcast pastor?”
- “Pastor, people are saying…”
- “We’ve never done it that way before.”
- “I do pay your salary, you know.”
- “I wish she had heard that sermon.”
- “I wish I worked just a few hours a week like you.”
- “Your kids need to behave like pastor’s kids should behave.”
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.