Podcast Episode #073
Our guest this week is Larry Osborne. Since 1980, he has served as one of the senior pastors at North Coast Church in Vista, CA. During that time, North Coast has grown from a fledging group of 128 meeting in a rented high school cafeteria to a multi-site church ministering to nearly 10,000 in weekend attendance. Larry joined us to discuss leadership, innovation, and much more.
Some highlights from the episode:
- Change and innovation are twins separated at birth.
- There is no value in innovation in the church. There is only value in the mission. Innovation must reflect the mission.
- You don’t have to be an innovator as a pastor.
- You don’t need buy-in if you truly want to innovate because if you wait for it, you’ll never get it.
- Ask for permission, not buy-in as a leader. People will give you permission long before they will give you buy-in.
- In the church, the most powerful platform anyone can have is the role of preaching.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Pastors Today. This weekly newsletter provides pastors with resources and information from around the web written specifically for pastors. For more information and to subscribe, visit lifeway.com/pastors.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.