Podcast Episode #461
Pastoral transition happens all the time. Today we discuss what makes for a successful interim pastorate and how InterimPastor.University can help.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Interim pastors need to help give a church hope.
- No one person is indispensable to a church or organization.
- Not providing clear updates to the church about a pastor search can be demoralizing to the congregation.
- Grace, love, and hope are the three primary ingredients of a successful interim pastorate.
- Effective interim pastors set the next pastor up for success.
The seven keys to a successful interim that we discuss today are:
- Scope has been clearly defined.
- The interim pastor is truly trained and equipped.
- The interim pastor is a continuous learner.
- Communication is clear and open with the congregation.
- The interim pastor shepherds and loves the congregation.
- The interim pastor makes tough calls before the pastor arrives.
- The interim pastor leaves when it’s time to leave.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.