For most churches, the summer months can be a lull. Families vacation and people tend to be in and out of the church more. It’s rare to have high attendance Sundays in the summer, but there are ways to make the most of the season. These five tips will help you navigate the summer months.
1. Research your church and community demographics.
2. Take key church leaders on field trips in the community.
3. Build your local network and reach out to other experts. Take area pastors to lunch.
4. Study global cultures, especially those with unreached and unengaged groups.
5. Create a helpful and healthy schedule that will carry you into the fall.
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
If you’re a church, school, nonprofit, values-based business, or family office, Vanderbloemen would be honored to serve you. Their team’s goal is to empower yours by aligning your people solutions for growth: hiring, compensation, succession, and culture. Hire the right people. Pay them well. Plan for the future. Build a culture that lasts. Learn more at Vanderbloemen.com