Podcast Episode #129
We discuss many of the issues involved in moving to or from multiple worship services. In most cases, it’s not just about adding an hour of programming. There are logistical issues almost at every turn, and communication and foresight are key parts to a successful transition.
- Churches hold multiple worship services for various reasons: seating capacity, worship style, convenience.
- The most successful moves to or from multiple worships come when the pain point is obvious to the congregation.
- Volunteer needs in a church change dramatically when adding a worship service.
- Many churches who over built a decade or two ago are now contracting the size of their worship space.
- Churches need a breathing period to adjust to the new normal when they add a worship service.
The seven things you need to know about moving to or from multiple worship services are:
- Know your attendance numbers & capacity
- Start sowing the seeds with leadership early
- Think about logistics
- Consider volunteer needs and demands
- Make the move when the pain point is obvious
- Stay positive but be honest
- Move forward with the new normal
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.