Podcast Episode #287
Jimmy Scroggins joins us to tell the story of Family Church in West Palm Beach, FL, and how they have moved to a model of neighborhood churches.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- If a church calls you as its pastor after not having one for five years, you were not at the top of their list.
- “We decided to abandon the regional megachurch strategy in favor of a network of neighborhood churches.”
- “Our current models of church planting aren’t always financially sustainable in low income areas.”
- “Just because a city is diverse, that doesn’t mean the area is culturally integrated. South Florida is.”
- “We are doing multi-site and church planting for the rest of us.”
- “You have to use the resources your church has to train the people you have at the highest level possible.”
- “Every pastor in every neighborhood can be training leaders to reach people who aren’t being reached.”
About Jimmy Scroggins
Jimmy is husband to Kristin, father to eight, and lead pastor of Family Church—a network of neighborhood churches dedicated to reaching families in South Florida with the gospel.
Are you getting prepared for the changing ministry landscape? Get your Master of Divinity degree at Midwestern Seminary. The M.Div—Midwestern’s flagship degree program—is their primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a new culture of discipleship devoted to the local church and committed to taking God’s unchanging Word into a rapidly changing world. Join the movement today.
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.