Podcast Episode #456
Tony Morgan joins us to discuss statistical trends he’s finding in churches today and what those trends can mean for your church in the future.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Churches shouldn’t settle when it comes to attendance, but try to get members to become more regularly engaged.
- Building a bigger building might not the best way for your church to reach more people.
- Churches are starting to engage students as volunteers in ministry and seeing them connect better to the church as a result.
- When your church starts to track different metrics, it forces discussions on intentionality of service and evangelism.
The nine statistical insights we discuss are:
- Churches are averaging 1.7% YOY attendance growth
- 18% of churches are multisite
- 45% of the congregation are serving monthly
- Average baptism rate is 6.4% (16:1 ratio)
- 60% of congregation are involved in groups
- Per capita giving is 47%
- 50% of budget is for staffing
- 1:61 staff to attendance ratio
- 56% of church staff are part time
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.