Podcast Episode #100
Recording this podcast is one of the highlights of my week. And it’s hard to believe we have made it to episode #100. Thanks to you, the listeners, for making this possible. To celebrate the occasion, we invited my pastor, Mike Glenn, to be our guest for this episode.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The role of the pastor is not to come in with a vision, it’s to give birth to the vision God has already given to the church.
- Transformation doesn’t happen in a microwave oven. It’s a slow, deliberate process.
- Big visions are realized through small steps.
- There’s something about all of us together that reveals the greatness of God that can’t be realized individually.
- Too many pastors end up being David in Saul’s armor.
- We live in a time when the ministry often has to come before the message.
- Hire slowly. Make sure when you hire someone that they match your culture and DNA.
About Mike Glenn
Mike Glenn is a graduate of Samford University and Southern Seminary. He’s pastored churches in South Carolina and Tennessee and became the pastor of Brentwood Baptist Church in 1991. Under his leadership, the church has grown to a membership of over 9,000 and now has a total five campuses. He and his wife of 34 years, Jeannie, have two adult sons.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Pastors Today. This weekly newsletter provides pastors with resources and information from around the web written specifically for pastors. For more information and to subscribe, visit lifeway.com/pastorstoday.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.