Podcast Episode #428
There are so many things you think you know until you live it. Today we talk about several things pastors and church staff won’t learn until they get on the job. And I also tell the story of my worst wedding ever.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- You can learn leadership principles in school; but you learn leadership on the job.
- Pastoral counseling in today’s culture is more difficult than in any generation before.
- Outreach in the local church requires an actual plan to do something.
- Continual learning is critical for pastoral development.
The nine items we cover on this episode are:
- General leadership training
- Conflict management
- Change leadership
- Counseling in today’s culture
- How to lead a church to growth
- Funerals and weddings
- Contemporary communication issues, particularly social media
- How to interview for a position
- How to lead a staff
Our friends at Vanderbloemen Search Group help churches and ministries build great teams by finding their key staff, but did you know they have a ton of resources around team building? Their newest addition is The Culture Tool, a free comprehensive staff engagement survey to help you build, run, and keep a great team. It’s brand new and still in beta, so check out TheCultureTool.com to be on the cutting edge of this new tool that will help you improve your church staff culture.
Visit TheCultureTool.com to learn more.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.