Podcast Episode #234
Discussion about issues related to the recent transgender bathroom controversy.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- One of the worst things you can do is to avoid or ignore difficult moral issues in your preaching.
- Sexuality and gender identity are biblical issues we must address in the church.
- We must teach on difficult moral issues with biblical clarity.
- If you haven’t gotten question on this topic from your church members yet, you will.
- Don’t make unnecessary enemies and lose your ability to speak truth into the lives of others.
- This is not an issue that is going away. It’s only picking up momentum in our culture.
- Stay true to the Bible—recognize sin as sin, but love people as well.
The five guiding principles we cover for dealing with gender identity issues are:
- Don’t ignore the issue.
- Teach with clarity, not nuance.
- Display a genuine concern for people who identify as transgender.
- Give practical advice.
- Don’t make unnecessary enemies.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu/Rainer and start your ministry training today.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.