Podcast Episode #089
First impressions are important for churches. And on today’s episode, we cover seven main areas in which your church can make improvements to improve the first impression you make to new guests.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Guests will go to your website before coming to your church facility. Make sure location and service times are prominent.
- Churches are notorious for clutter—they become a Goodwill store that doesn’t sell anything.
- Visitors who come to a church for the first time don’t know where to go. They need signage.
- Using a mystery guest once or twice a year can help you identify issues guests to your church may have.
- Church facility issues can easily turn off guests.
The seven key improvements your church can make are:
- Church web site.
- Clean up clutter.
- Directional signage.
- Restrooms: clean with signage.
- Fresh paint.
- Parking lot signage.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com.