Podcast Episode #497
Tim Songster of Cosco & Associates joins us to discuss his new book on healthy church design and how churches can best navigate through a building program.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Any problem that exists in a church is often magnified when a church enters a building program.
- Successful, sustained change will not take place in a church without prayer.
- Before deciding your church needs to build, you first need to truly understand what it needs to build.
- Church building teams need to stay in constant communication with the congregation to keep momentum going throughout the process.
The seven keys we cover are:
- Set your expectations correctly
- Prepare spiritually
- Prioritize your ministry needs
- Prepare financially
- Build excellent teams
- Be a leader of hope and vision
- Work hard to communicate with your church
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- Healthy Church by Design: The Synergy between Buildings and Church Health
- Church Answers
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.