Podcast Episode #426
Church members leave churches. It happens. Sometimes it can be avoided, sometimes it cannot. Today we cover seven warning signs that someone might be about to leave the church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Small group leaders need to track attendance and reach out to those who are frequently missing.
- Someone in the church needs to be monitoring giving just to be aware of any potential issues.
- The sticky factor in any church is relationships.
- Church members sometimes take out unrelated frustrations on the pastor or staff.
The seven indicators we cover on this episode are:
- Less frequent attendance
- Decreased giving
- Isolation from relational connections
- stepping down from ministry positions
- Conflict with other members
- Negative votes at business meetings
- Family problems
Our friends at Vanderbloemen Search Group help churches and ministries build great teams by finding their key staff, but did you know they have a ton of resources around team building? Their newest addition is The Culture Tool, a free comprehensive staff engagement survey to help you build, run, and keep a great team. It’s brand new and still in beta, so check out TheCultureTool.com to be on the cutting edge of this new tool that will help you improve your church staff culture.
Visit TheCultureTool.com to learn more.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.