Podcast Episode #376
Churches like to be busy. Unfortunately busyness can hurt a church’s effectiveness. Today we discuss this problem and how to deal with it.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- A busy church is not always an effective church.
- Churches should be culturally contextual in their area, not cultural transplanted from another area.
- Your church should have a clearly defined process of discipleship.
- Your church’s vision statement should also be its process of discipleship.
- Vision statements should be short, memorable, and communicated frequently.
- It takes courage to eliminate ineffective and unneeded church programs.
- A church’s ministry should not be confined to its address.
The seven problems we discuss on this episode are:
- Our churches equate activity with value.
- Programs and ministries became ends instead of means.
- Failure of churches to have a clear purpose.
- Church leaders have failed to say “no.”
- Fear of eliminating.
- Church is often defined as an address.
- Churches often try to compete with culture rather than reach culture.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.