As a pastor, you are part of the body of Christ. Within the body, friendship is important, even for pastors. Thom and Sam discuss friendship with church members and offer sound advice for pastors.
- Yes! But we’ve all been burned… badly.
- Friends outside the church are necessary but often too distant.
- Every pastor should have at least one close friend inside the church.
- Discern your true friends through four filters: Presence, protection, truthfulness, and trustworthiness.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
- How Your Church Can Reach People In a Post-COVID World Ebook
- Radical Mentoring
- Free 30-day trial Church Answers Silver membership
The mission of Southeastern Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping Christians to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. One way we like to do that is by giving away free resources. You can get a free copy of Thom Rainer’s E-Book, “How Your Church Can Reach People in the Post-Covid World” by visiting pastorscenter.org/free-books
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.