Thom and Sam are joined by Dr. Chuck Lawless from Southeastern Seminary. Today’s discussion is on six shifts in church health and revitalization.
The six shifts:
- The local church emphasis in church revitalization
- The institutional emphasis in church revitalization
- The micro-movement
- The return to resource-led revitalization
- The neighborhood church movement
- The facility adjustment issue
- We are finally catching up on providing resources and training for church revitalization
- In order for a big movement to happen, it is going to have to happen through the smaller neighborhood churches.
- Pastors and other leaders often need a starting point for revitalization.
- It is very common to find a large worship center and a small congregation.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- SEBTS MA in Church Revitalization
- SEBTS MDIV in Church Revitalization
- SEBTS DMIN Church Growth and Revitalization
- Revitalize Network
- Revitalize Network Annual Meeting
- Church Answers
- Cornerstone Bible Church
- 2020 Micro Sign Up
- Pray and Go
- Church Answers Consulting
- Cosco & Associates
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.