Working in ministry can be demanding and stressful, but sometimes we forget to have fun in our callings. Perhaps you need a lighter season. On this episode, Thom and Sam discuss some ways to restart the fun in your vocation.
1. Skip a few standing meetings and spend more time with your family.
2. Call an old friend and go on a weekend road trip together.
3. Practice using more humor in your sermons.
4. Have a meal with your faithful supporters and thank them.
5. Play a practical joke on someone you trust.
6. Go on a night out with your leadership team and their spouses.
Southeastern is committed to helping you get the training you need to pursue your ministry from anywhere around the world. That’s why we’re waiving the application fee to any of our programs for Church Answers listeners. Use the code “CHURCHANSWERS” and we’ll waive the fee. No matter what stage of life’s journey you find yourself in, we want to help you take your next step in getting equipped to disciple and teach others. In coming to Southeastern, you’ll find that seminary isn’t just about theological education; it’s about ministry preparation. Explore degrees, schedule a visit, or apply today at sebts.edu.
If you’re a church, school, nonprofit, values-based business, or family office, Vanderbloemen would be honored to serve you. Their team’s goal is to empower yours by aligning your people solutions for growth: hiring, compensation, succession, and culture. Hire the right people. Pay them well. Plan for the future. Build a culture that lasts. Learn more at Vanderbloemen.com