Every church thinks they’re a guest friendly church. But as we discuss today, guest friendliness is not something at which every church excels.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Church signs need info on them, but there are really just three essentials: church name, worship times, website address.
- If your church has a digital sign, you have to consider the length of the rotation of information.
- Don’t think that “everyone knows ______” at your church because almost always, everyone doesn’t know.
- Some churches aren’t just not guest friendly, they are also not guest desirous.
The six failures we discuss are:
- It had no website.
- No service times on sign.
- “Our church is always open.”
- “Everyone knows the times of our service.”
- Didn’t consider the impact of special events on guests.
- It failed to see the opportunities.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- Invite Your One
- Eight Things Your Church Website Must Have
- Church Website Checklist
- Church Guest Checklist
- Church Signage Checklist
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.