In this episode, Thom and Sam discuss a key barrier to church growth, parking. If you are leading a healthy and growing church parking will be an issue. Listen in as the discussion focuses on six ways churches are dealing with parking shortages.
The six questions from today’s podcast:
- Ask key church leaders to park in remote places.
- Some churches use shuttle parking, at least for a season.
- More churches are starting a non-Sunday morning service to deal with space constraints like parking shortages.
- When a church becomes multi-site, parking shortages are often relieved.
- Nearby businesses are often happy to allow church members to park on their property.
- Some churches reconfigure their parking for more effective use.
- Church leaders often arrive early and leave late and do not notice parking issues.
- As culture has changed, we have fewer people coming to church per car.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- I Am a Church Member
- The Biggest Demographic Churches Are Missing
- Sandals Church
- Cosco & Associates
- Revitalize and Replant
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.