Podcast Episode #466
Church staffing can be tricky in today’s churches. On this episode we discuss reasons church staffing issues can hurt a church and how to deal with them.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Bad hiring is endemic in churches, and we end up with staff conflict as a result.
- People who work in the church often gravitate to two extremes: being a workaholic or being a lazy bum.
- Most church staff issues are the result of some staffers being a poor fit. Those issues tend to work themselves out because people will leave the staff, but not always.
- Church personnel teams often don’t know about staff issues in the church because they don’t see the staff day to day.
The reasons staff issues can be such a problem are:
- Bad hiring practices
- Lack of accountability and poor work ethic among some staff
- Power groups formed around staff
- Inherited staff/pastor
- Personnel and similar groups that don’t have full awareness
- The Sunday-only personal versus the five-day-a-week persona
- Disloyal staff/pastor
- Leadership responsibility without authority
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.