Podcast Episode #437
When Surprising Insights from the Unchurched released in the early 2000s, we didn’t realize nearly 20 years later that the research would still ring true. Today we discuss why it’s still applicable for churches in our day and age.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Churches can reach the unchurched in any setting and in any culture.
- Even though you may have contextual difference, reaching people with the gospel is similar in any context.
- Church names aren’t as large of a determining factor with the unchurched as much as they are with transfer growth.
- The three biggest factors for reaching unchurched people are preaching, doctrine, and relationships.
- Pastoral contact dramatically increases church guest assimilation.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Applications are now open for Vanderbloemen’s fall pastor coaching network at their Houston headquarters in September and November. There are two networks – one for Lead Pastors and one for Executive Pastors. Each group is limited to 16 people. It’s a roundtable, close-knit network where you will grow as a leader so that you can grow your team and ultimately grow your church.
If you’re interested in joining, visit vanderbloemen.com/coaching for more information.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.