Podcast Episode #390
Every year, we take a look a the trends we expect to see in the new year. Today, we look at the trends for 2018.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- People are listening to more audio for learning purposes than ever before.
- The boomer retirement crisis is two-fold: a lot are about to retire, but some will hang on too long.
- The retail bust could be big for churches looking for space. More commercial space than ever before is coming available.
- Every church should be a church for its neighborhood.
- If you are not learning, you are not leading.
- Too many churches overbuilt their worship space in the past.
The ten 2018 trends we cover are:
- The audio revolution.
- Boomer retirement crisis.
- The deferred maintenance crisis in church facilities.
- Churches moving into retail spaces.
- Ongoing church closures.
- The rise of the neighborhood church.
- The learning revolution of the best church leaders.
- Downsizing of worship centers/sanctuaries.
- The rise of networks.
- More Great Commission intentionality.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here on Church Answers.