I have yet to see a church drift towards greater health. The current of apathy always pulls away. But what causes this drift? What are some early warning signs of an unraveling in a congregation? Thom and Sam discuss some key indicators often preceding a decline in church health.
- People in the church, especially leaders, talk more about themselves than Jesus.
- God’s mission is no longer a central feature of worship services.
- Less of the operating budget is dedicated to outwardly focused ministry and mission.
- New believers are perceived as disturbing the peace of the body.
- More resources are dedicated to older generations than younger generations.
- Few care about the persecuted church.
- Hospitality is not emphasized and receives little attention.
- Persecution.com – Voice of the Martyrs
- I Am a Christian: Discovering What It Means to Follow Jesus Together with Fellow Believers by Thom S. Rainer
- DaysSpring and Tyndale have partnered together to bring you this encouraging Bible in the NLT translation.
- The DaySpring Hope & Encouragement Bible amplifies twelve indisputable truths about who you are in Christ such as you are known, you are blessed, and you have a reason for hope.
- These truths equip you to recognize and embrace your treasured place in God’s heart.
- Armed with this knowledge, you will be able to face any challenge, step into your toughest calling, and live the adventure God has for you.
- These Bibles include
- 250 Dayspring reflections
- 52 full-page devotionals
- And a full-color interior
BELAY – Accomplish More. Juggle Less.
Virtual Assistants. Bookkeepers. Web Specialists. Social Media Managers.
Everything you need to transform your work.